Free Pest Inspections
Atlantic and Gloucester Counties are full of pest activity. This is the time of year that pest pressures increase. Now is the time to get your home inspected for wood destroying insects and occasional invaders. Children are returning to school and family vacations are coming to an end. It’s time to pay a bit more attention to your home. Hoffman’s Exterminating Company offers free inspections that may uncover hidden pest activity. Here is what you can expect.
- Exterior Inspection – We start by looking closely at your surroundings. The more vegetation such as bushes and trees the more likely your home is susceptible to pest harborage. Remember, moisture plays a key role in controlling pest activity. Your foundation wall should be visible around the entire perimeter of the home. Firewood, sheds, and stored materials should not come in contact with your home. It provides harborage and breeding area for insects and animals.
- Crawl spaces – This is an area of the home few people ever explore. Crawl spaces are ideal for insects because they stay cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. If not properly vented they can also hold high levels of moisture. Keep this area clean and accessible so it can be inspected on a regular basis. You should have a termite inspection a minimum of once every two years. Our regular customers get a termite inspection every year.
- Basements – If your basement is finished there is not much to see and inspect but if it is unfinished you can see where the block wall meets the sill plate and that is a vital area to inspect for termites. It is recommended that you have a dehumidifier to control the amount of moisture in the air.
- Attic – Most people use their attic for storage. Make certain to leave access for a proper inspection. Attic areas are ideal for silverfish, bats, squirrels and wasps to call their home. If not detected early these pests can raise their families without being disturbed. Once they claim this as their home it is more difficult to remove them.
- Garage – It doesn’t take long for your garage to collect clutter. In most homes there isn’t enough room for the car. This area should also be inspected for termites. It is one of the first places termites show up because of the close wood to soil contact. Keep the walls free from clutter so a visual inspection can be made. We also inspected garage doors to make sure they fit tight keeping out unwanted rodents like mice and rats.
Don’t procrastinate! Call to schedule your inspection today or click here to Request a Free Estimate Online
We Use Kid and Pet Friendly Products
Same Day Appointments Available
24 Hour Emergency Service
Monthly Payment Options
Money Back Guarantee
Family Owned and Operated Since 1990