TWO, BUT I DON’T KNOW HOW THEY GOT IN THERE…..
Flies are disgusting, check this out:
- Flies have over 4,000 facets for sight in each eye.
- Flies have a smelling distance of over 750 yards.
- A single garbage can, if not empty, can be the breeding ground for 30,000 flies.
- During a fly’s lifetime (usually a 30-day cycle), a female fly will lay anywhere from 400-600 eggs.
- Fly wings beat 200 times per second.
HOW DO FLIES EAT?
Flies vomit their stomach contents on solid food. Digestive juices from the stomach start breaking the solid food into small pieces. Mixed with the stomach juices and other stuff in its stomach, the fly can now use its proboscis, (straw-like organ), to drink the liquid.
Think of that the next time a fly lands on your barbeque chicken. Not to mention its last meal was in your dog’s pen…..
Flies are extremely difficult to control because they are “free flyers.” Hoffman’s Exterminating suggests the following:
- keep all picnic food covered.
- You can buy those cute little tents that fit over a bowl, dish or plate.
- Keep trash can lids on tight.
- Keep trash cans around the corner or in a rubber maid housing.
- Throw away finished plates right away.
- Eat indoors or on screened porches.
Let’s see if we can avoid this………